Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Superbowl Sunday

Like that annoying friend that just doesn't get it I'm back! Superbowl Sunday is just around the corner and I am somewhat confused by my feelings. For the sake of witnessing history, I really want the Patriots to win. I wish it were some other team, though. I become borderline ill rooting for Bill Belichek (is that spelled right?) and typically root for the underdog/sentimental fave when my Broncos aren't in it, but this is an event that I never thought possible. Perhaps what I look forward to the most is seeing what that idiot Mercury Morris from the undefeated '72 Dolphins will say after running his mouth all season long. Now time for my expert prognosis: Eli Manning gets picked off twice by Harrison, and Brady lights up the G-Men's defense by running for a TD and throwing for three more. Pats win 30-17. How ya like them apples?
Well on to something closer to home: How about the Jazz, baby?!? Owners of a nine-game win streak, and jumping from the nine spot to the division-leading 4 spot after locking down that stinky Frenchman and the Spurs. Not enough can be said of AK's incredible offense the last few games, and we robbed the Sixers blind with the Korver trade! He hasn't been incredible from beyond the arc, but he hits them when they count, and I love the fact that he can run the "Harpring Curl". As for the sub-par play of the backup point guards, I just hope Ronnie takes advantage of Jason Hart being hurt and stakes claim to those minutes. Anything to spare me from seeing that terrible jump shot. I see the Jazz holding on the top spot in the division. Portland doesn't really scare me (for now) and the Jazz will outplay the Nuggets over the rest of the season. Boo-Ya!

2 comments:

Shana said...

I'm cheering for the Giants.

Jeff Samson said...

Yeah, me too! Your Super Bowl pick sucks! SUCKS! SUCKS! SUCKS!