Monday, January 14, 2008

Here I am/Random Thoughts

Okay I am now a blogger (should that be capitalized?). Thanks to a new class i am taking, I have to write every week. I figure that my blog will be mostly random thoughts considering my lack of passion towards most subjects in life. Rarely do I get fired up over politics or stupid things other people do, but I might surprise both of us once in a while. I will cover sports, and blog about a few of my favorite things--food, music, girls (just kidding, dear).
Well, maybe I will start here: Bre and I have been married two and a half years. I am still working for Big Red Paving driving a dump truck and whatever else I do. Bre is now the Manager at the Walmart America First Credit Union. She still won't give me any money, however. Apart from that we are boring married people. No kids as of now, but we are hoping. Ward Basketball just started, and that always gets me excited! We have had two games so far and are still undefeated!!! Yeah, 2-0 and hoping to repeat as region champs.
Here is my Fave Food Forum: top three meals in my book go as follows: Bajio's chicken green chile quesadilla. This thing is like a dream come true. It has a sweet chutney sauce and sauteed onions that give a perfect combination of spice and sweetness...my mouth is watering just thinking about it! It goes for about eight bucks, but that doesn't stop me. Numero Dos on the list is the Lumberjack breakfast at IHOP. It comes with eggs, sausage, hash browns, 3 pancakes, and your choice of Biscuits and gravy or chicken fried steak. I recommend the biscuits. It also runs about eight dollars, but you get a ton of food--almost enough for two. Third is Salt Lake City's best kept secret--Charlie Chows. It is located across from the library on 4th south, and has the best chinese food for the price. Family style dishes go for about 10 bucks, and that can easily feed two. The Sesame Chicken is the best I have had, and I doubt there is better in utah. Wisely, they cook the chicken then put the seeds on so they don't get burnt and crunchy. They also have an awesome all-you-can-eat grill where you can create you own meals for around $11. Eat any of these meals and you will be very much pleased.
Looks like next time I will have to cover music, and discuss some of my latest purchases as well as some classics.

1 comment:

Shana said...

Remember to tell your friends and family about your blog. Also, please send your e-mail address to hamiltsh@uvsc.edu, so I can add you to my class list.